cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What part of BackupExec 11d requires .NET 2.0?

cmwitt
Level 3
We have a media server that has BackupExec 11d installed, but the 3rd party application that runs on this system will only work with .NET 1.1.  Are there any options to remove .NET 2.0 and still be able to use this system as a Media Server?
4 REPLIES 4

SteveBurkett
Level 3
Could be a moot point, as you can run .net Framework 1.1 and .net Framework 2.0 on the same server at the same time. The .net managed application should specify which version it needs to run against. So it's highly likely your 3rd party software should continue to work using the 1.1 framework.

cmwitt
Level 3
Unfortunately the Application admin has tried everything he can think of short of recoding the application to enable it to work with .NET 2 and hasn't been able to get it to work.  Anyone know of any way to get BackupExec to work with .NET 1.1?

Joseph_Gremilli
Level 4
We had this problem with VMware.  Apparently you can't run .Net1.1 and .Net2.0 on the same platform unless you have .Net1.0, .nt1.1 and .Net2.0.  I had to uninstall all the .Net programs then re-install them one at a time starting with .Net1.0.

-Joe

cmwitt
Level 3
I thought this was moderated support!  Shouldn't someone from Symantec be giving some ideas?  No need at this time as we have rolled back to 10d.  Hopefully I never have a critical issue that needs assistance.