cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When trying to create SDR disk the wizard wants a previous SDR disk

Pawelk
Level 4

Hello,

I am trying to follow the wizard for creating a Simplified disaster recovery disk through backup exec. However, I can't get past the first step as it asks me for the location of a previous SDR disk which I do not have. How do I get around this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You need to download the SDR bootable ISO imsge before you can use the SDR wizard.  Go to www.backupexec.com and click on BE in the trailware section.  Follow the dialogue and you will reach the download page.  On this page, you should see the SDR bootable ISO image.  Download this image and point to it when you are using the SDR wizard.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

lmosla
Level 6
Pawelk, Is is possible that someone else created a SDR already? Take a look at this document which walks through the steps of creating the SDR disk, shows where the .DR files are after a successful full backup occurs, and the default location of the SDR iso as well as where SDR ISO files can be downloaded from Symantec. http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH180099

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You need to download the SDR bootable ISO imsge before you can use the SDR wizard.  Go to www.backupexec.com and click on BE in the trailware section.  Follow the dialogue and you will reach the download page.  On this page, you should see the SDR bootable ISO image.  Download this image and point to it when you are using the SDR wizard.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

As per pkh we supply a ready built ISO image for the SDR disk on our download area and you only need to use the wizard if this ready built disk needs specific drivers for your hardware, if this disk works then no need to use the wizard

So download the SDR disk, burn it to a DVD and test to see if it can detect your network card and storage harwdare. If it can't then consider using the wizard - which then uses this same download as a seeding image for customization.