cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's the support?

Luca_Salvatore
Level 5
Where is the support? I have been waiting 6 hours for support via direct assist and there is nothing! My posts dont get answered after days in the forum, the tech notes are no help and there is a 2 hour cue on the telephone for support!! great customer service veritas!
6 REPLIES 6

Martin_Lexa
Level 3
You are NOT alone in this world !!!
I think the same way, this is system NOT helpful at all !!!

The Veritas/Symantec people don't care support.
I'm longing for day's for support and the don't do ANYTHING !

I just think of going to ArcServe ....

Martin

Prajuctaa_Mulay
Level 4
Hi Luca,

What problem are you having with Backup Exec?

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
Can you please Update us on the issue. Can you please tell us what the problem is.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Luca_Salvatore
Level 5
My problem is that when doing a back up to disk job it failes with the error "An inconsistency was encountered on the storage media in SERVER. V-79-57344-33994 - The data being read from the media is inconsistent"

technote 273455 is no help and that is about the only techote related to this error

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Since when are you getting this error? What tape are you using? follow the steps below:

1. Check if the device is listed as compatible in the hardware compatibity list for 10.0:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/274347

2. Upgrade to 10.0 5520 in case you haven't already:
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277181.htm

3. In case the device is listed as compatible, install the latest drivers from the link below:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/278408

4. Stop the removable storage service

5. Upgrade the device firmware.

If the issue persists, revert with details on errors, if any, received in the windows event logs.

Do update on th is.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Prajuctaa_Mulay
Level 4
Hi Luca,

Since you get media inconsistency errors on Backup-to-disk files, the disk might have bad sectors or the .bkf backup files in the Backup-to-Disk folders might be corrupt, or there may be high amount of disk activity that prevents Backup Exec from reading the files. Following can help this issue:

- Run a disk defrag
- Run chkdsk on the disk
- Check if the Catalog files on the disk are getting too large in size. If that is the case, consider deleting or truncating your catalogs, or moving them to another machine/disk/volume. This must be done through Backup Exec. Catalog related settings are found under Tools > Options > Catalogs in Backup Exec.
Truncating catalogs will retain the Catalog header but delete the actual file, so that the file size is reduced.
- How many concurrent backup jobs to disk run at your site, if you run concurrent backups?