Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Licences for Oracle database and Oracle application server

rody_gogan
Level 3
Accredited

Hi,

I bought a license for Backup Exec 2012, I would like to save two (02) Oracle databases and six (06) Oracle application servers. what are the licensing i need ?
I would also like to archiving on my Data Domain 160, which license I need to subscribe?

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

I moved this to a new forum query as the previous query this was linked too was solved.

You'd need an Oracle license PER Oracle DB server. If those Oracle application servers don't run Oracle itself, then you'd need 6 x RAWS agents for them (assuming they're Windows-based), otherwise the corresponding agent for Linux.

if you're archiving from within BE itself, you'd need the archiving agent (if BE supports archiving out of Oracle - read the section in the Admin guide), and nothing for the DD as you'd already have a RAWS agent for it to comply with licensing requirements.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

I moved this to a new forum query as the previous query this was linked too was solved.

You'd need an Oracle license PER Oracle DB server. If those Oracle application servers don't run Oracle itself, then you'd need 6 x RAWS agents for them (assuming they're Windows-based), otherwise the corresponding agent for Linux.

if you're archiving from within BE itself, you'd need the archiving agent (if BE supports archiving out of Oracle - read the section in the Admin guide), and nothing for the DD as you'd already have a RAWS agent for it to comply with licensing requirements.