cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the schedule on BE 12.5 and lower become confused

jes22068
Level 2
Partner

When you modify a time or even a date on the scheduling of Backup exec 12.5 and or 11d. The job come back with some different time or date and will not let you get the job to where you need it to run. I have several accounts using this software and it seem to be the only one with this issue.

Is there a resolution?

8 REPLIES 8

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Could you check if you are facing the issue as per this technote " http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH142670 "

If yes then only solution provided is to re-create the job and re-schedule it.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Are there any updates on this?? Have you got the required information..??

Thanks,

-Sush...

jes22068
Level 2
Partner

I completely deleted the job and recreated it with my prefered time but if I dare try to change the date, time, or exclude a date. The job seems to pick what ever date it feels like running.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) Delete your job

2) Use BEUtility to repair the BE database

3) Create your job

4) Try changing the schedule and let us know the result.

tech29
Level 6

Hi There,

Go to JOB SETUP, select the job in question. right click and click on copy. hit ok. It will create a duplicate copy of the same job as  %jobname(2)%. Try to reschedule this newly copied job and this should work fine. You may delete or hold the old job which is corrupted.

Regards,

tech29

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Did you read his earlier post which he said that he re-created the job and still faced the same problem?

tech29
Level 6

Did you read  "I completely deleted the job and recreated it ". That meanshe didn't recreate the job the way I suggested.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...I think that if you delete the job and recreate it, it is created new in the database anyway with some sort of unique SID. So the poster shouldn't have to create a copy job, and reschedule it.

Simply by deleting the old job, and creating a job from scratch should have taken care of that. The fact that it didn't probably means creating a copy of the job won't either...!