cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my email notifiction being sent when next day's tape put in, and not when job completes?

pkokkinis
Level 3
I have backup exec 2010 newly installed on server 2008 r2 with an lto3 drive. The job starts at 1am, takes 30 minutes to complete. I also have it set to eject the tape after a successful backup. But, I don't get my email notification until the receptionist gets in the office and puts the next tape in. ?!?

According to the job log, the job finishes verifying at 1:29am, but then doesn't show completed until 8:32am when Sally puts the new tape in. Anyone have any ideas?
Verify Set Detail Information

Verify completed on 7/15/2010 at 1:29:19 AM.
Verify Set Summary
				Contents verified.
Processed 7,099,247,566 bytes in  1 minute and  49 seconds.
Throughput rate: 3727 MB/min

Job Completion Status
				Job ended: Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 8:32:24 AM
Completed status: Successful

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

When set the backup job to eject the tape after the backup job is not completed unless you acknowelge the emdia remove error .
You set the alert to respond automatically after 2-3 mins and once the job is successful you will get the email notification ....

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

When set the backup job to eject the tape after the backup job is not completed unless you acknowelge the emdia remove error .
You set the alert to respond automatically after 2-3 mins and once the job is successful you will get the email notification ....

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

pkokkinis
Level 3
Perfect! Thanks...that's exactly what it was.