cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 2008 (4 NICs) with Remote Agent Crashes

ESabo
Level 6
We have an Windows 2008 with 4 NICs (two are teamed for our public network and two are teamed for a private network), our backups run over the public teamed network.     Every time we go and try to setup the backup job it causes the Windows 2008 remote agent machine to lock up.     Does anyone have any solutions to this?      We are running BackupExec 12 with the latest hotfixes on both the media server and the remote agent client.
6 REPLIES 6

teiva-boy
Level 6
 Open a case with support.  If you already have one, ask for a duty manager for an escalation.

ESabo
Level 6
Is this a known issue?

MitchR
Level 6
We've got at least one server with 10 active NIC's (don't ask), and backups run fine. I'd say that the problem doesn't have anything to do with your number of NICs.

ESabo
Level 6
Is there any way to configure the remote agent to use just one networking team?    We have two teamed network connection on this server.    This is on Dell hardware.

MitchR
Level 6
I thought there used to be an option on the BE agent for that - but it's not there on the v12.5 agent.

I do know that the Media Server initiates communications, and the agent will respond on the NIC/network that it received the request on.

If you've got 2 network connections to the same network (same subnet, same gateway) - then I don't see an easy way to force which it uses.

ESabo
Level 6
This was an issue with the hardware.    Thanks for all the replies.