cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1

race_man6
Level 2

Does anyone know or is there documentation relating to Backup Exec 2010 R2 being supported on Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

This was asked internally in last couple of days - and any official certification by Symantec depends on the date of General Availability (and whether Microsoft make any last minute changes before release)

Note: It is possible that Backup Exec as currently available will work without issue however we cannot confirm that at this current time.

race_man6
Level 2

Thank you Colin.  I believe the date of General Availability is Tuesday, February 22nd.  I will monitor Symantec's site after that date.

Juergen_K
Level 2

Are there good or bad news for this topic ?

jaspain
Level 3

Ian_McGuinness
Level 3

just a warning about what happened to me but my not affect you,  There is an issue with some systems backing up the Windows System State.  some people list it as an issue with Windows2008 some with Windows2008R2, for me it didn't pop up until i updated to Windows2008R2 SP1. 

The effect was my backup (of 8 VM servers) went from just over 7 hours to over 35 hours.  It would get to the System State stage and sit there for up to 5 hours doing nothing.

I'm not saying this will happen to you but it is a possibility.

I have worked arround the problem on my site and i belive the problem is due to be fixed in BE2010R3 which may be out early April.

Ian