cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Server 2012 BE 2010 R3 support?

rah215
Level 2

I recently deployed two server running Windows Server 2012 Core (Enterprise), both are VMs running on a Server 2012 Core host. We are running BE 2010 R3. I tried installing the remote agent locally and remotely. Both are failing, ther error I get is that this version of Windows is not supported. I remember reading that 2012 is supported. We obviosuly that was either not true or I clicked the wrong link. I remember it being in a Symantec SCL. What I am looking for is if support for BE2010R3 and Windows Server 2012 is planned or if there is a reliable and stable work around. This is in a production environment.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Support to Windows Server 2012 is not available with even BE 2012. No chance of reading "2010 R3 supporting 2012 server" in any symantec document. Upcoming release of BE would include server 2012 support according to below article (No release dates announced).

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH196108

No other workarounds...

PS: Even if it let's you install software on server 2012, it is not recommended to setup a unsupported configuration in production environments. Incase of any problem, you won't get any support from Symantec.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Support to Windows Server 2012 is not available with even BE 2012. No chance of reading "2010 R3 supporting 2012 server" in any symantec document. Upcoming release of BE would include server 2012 support according to below article (No release dates announced).

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH196108

No other workarounds...

PS: Even if it let's you install software on server 2012, it is not recommended to setup a unsupported configuration in production environments. Incase of any problem, you won't get any support from Symantec.

rah215
Level 2
Thank you for the help. That is what I feared.