cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows XP service pack 2

Level 2
How do I get veritas backup exec 9.1 to backup a client machine that is running windows xp service pack 2?

I have already set the path in gpedit.msc. I still got an error saying RPC server cannot be located.
5 REPLIES 5

Dhavalrai_Trive
Level 5
Push install of the BE remote agent to Windows XP Sp2 systems has issues and is not supported.

TN : http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/270144.htm

You will have to do a silent install of the remote agent by copying the RANT32 folder to the XP syatem and running the install.

You can refer to TN :

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/258982.htm

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
Hi,

Please kindly let us know if the issue still persists.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Hi,

In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress.

However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Thanks.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply

John_Drees
Not applicable
More than six months has passed and, YES, the problem still persists. Your original answer, when I first reported the problem, was to hold out for a patch or hot-fix. Well, I think you're pulling my leg. It's the same pain I felt six years ago when Symantec promised to resolve issues with TalkWorks Pro... only to learn their fix was to ultimately let the product die on the vine and discontinue support altogether. When will this be resolved? Local installation, instead of pushed installs, of Remote Agent packages is not the answer when consumers make their purchasing decisions based on product descriptions.

Everyone knows Microsoft is a royal pain but blaming others for Veritas' problems (now Symantec’s problems) makes about as much sense as trying to charge me for technical support to address this issue after so much time has lapsed.

Fix the problem or tell me where to return this buggy software for a full refund.