cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows log showing "an unusual error 1920" after vm bu

jgoff
Level 3

The following is listed in the Window's event log after backing up my virtual machines (vSphere 4.1).  Symantec shows that the backup completed successfully.  I am able to restore the complete vm and files within the vm.  If I turn off grt, the error does not occur.

An unusual error (1920) was encountered while enumerating

the contents of the directory:     C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Data\Server name\MP00\C\Users\All

Users. It is possible that files or subdirectories have not been backed up. Please examine your job

log or catalogs to ensure this directory tree was backed up in its entirety.

Appears not to be a problem, but just curious,

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Cool...but if you don't need to back them up, leave them off.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV

jgoff
Level 3

Will try the article that you suppplied.  I guess I'm alittle confused with aof/vss.  When installing the Bu Exec agent on a virtual mahcine, this disables VMware's vss (vmware tools). As Stated by Symatec - don't resintall VMware's tools after installing Bu Exec's agent.

So....

1)How will enabling aof/vss effect this? 

2) Are the two completely not related?

3) Is enabling aof needed, since we are using Symantec's vss support through the agent?

Thanks

jgoff
Level 3

Still the same error.  Symantec shows the job completed successfully, the error is shown within the Windows event logs.  I'm able to restore the full image and individual files, except when selecting the "all users" folder (which is empty).  I guess this would explain the windows error that happens.

Is this something strange with a 2008 virtual machine? 

CraigV

...your backed up VM, or running BE on a VM? Nope, it shouldn't be, unless those folders are part of the Active File Exclusion that is built into BE. If the files are on this list, they won't be backed up. Unless you really need to restore from these folders, you can either ignore the message (do regular restores to verify you can restore), or put in an exclusion for these files/folders in your selection list.

jgoff
Level 3

No, BE is on a separate server. I'll try the inclusion idea and see what happens. I know the "All Users" folder is different on 2008. It has something to do with the Program Data folder. At least if you open it, you see some of the same folders. I did notice the security permissions are blank. Just like the "Default Users" folder is.

CraigV

Cool...but if you don't need to back them up, leave them off.