cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working Local Backup Now Reports "Error: a000846b"

Robert_Palmer
Level 2
Strictly LOCAL backup of single server (Small Business Server 2003) started giving error about 10 days ago.
Previous posting in this discussion group seems to have evaporated....
Backup stopped after minor Exchange adjustments and last round of updates.
Installed new SP4a with no effect except that now Veritas update says I need 2 (old) updates which are not available on the server anymore!!

Log File entry after failed backup:
Error: a000846b, The job failed with the following error:
Device could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Remote Agent for Windows Servers.
Make sure that the Remote Agent for Windows Servers is running on the target computer.

I get the following error when opening Backup Job Properties or creating new backup (responding OK opens properties anyway):
"Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer."

I am also not allowed to select any Local Selections in the Backup Properties window.

Remote Agent is running, and I have already tried changing the NDMP Connect Timeout settings....

Hopefully someone here can help me out since the website and KB are depressingly useless and my customer is getting VERY ANXIOUS about his $500 backup software not functioning.Message was edited by:
Robert Palmer
4 REPLIES 4

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Since you have installed a service pack try installing remote agent again on the remote server.

Please see the technote below :

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/265736.htm

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Robert_Palmer
Level 2
Ok... I will try this within the next 2 days.... long drive to client.....

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Thanks for the update we request you to update us regarding this issue.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

JonLyons
Not applicable
I get the same erro on a Windows 2003 Standard Install.

I have updated Veritas to lastest SP, reinstalled the Remote Agent several times, chnaged the logon account for the BE services and even created a new job to attempt to resolve.

I get the Following:
Error: a000846b, The job failed with the following error:
Device could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Remote Agent for Windows Servers.
Make sure that the Remote Agent for Windows Servers is running on the target computer.
Please remember this is a strictly local backup.