Hello

?Where do i find the Write checksums to media option in Backup Exec 2014

I rember having it in older versions.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
I don't think so. I have never heard of anyone/any way to get the checksums that BE produces What is your client going to do with the checksums?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

pkh
   VIP    Certified
I think you are mistaken. Checksums are written when the backup data is being written to the backup media. It is not a separate process

dori_bashan
Level 6

OK.

So this document is old and not relevant for be 2014?

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH18698.html

dori_bashan
Level 6

Any help will be appriciated...

Thanks

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

I don't even remember the "write checksums" being an option.  I assume it is always on now.

That technote document says it applies to "2010, 12.5, 12.0, 11d (11.0) 7170" (click "products" in the upper right corner).

dori_bashan
Level 6

Thanks.

I got a client that wants to get a list of cheksums for each file that was backed up to LTO.

Is there a way to get this list from BE?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
I don't think so. I have never heard of anyone/any way to get the checksums that BE produces What is your client going to do with the checksums?

dori_bashan
Level 6
We are doing a back up job to an archive organization and they have asked us to report the checksums of the files that was used in the backup jobs. They sent me the Symantec KB.... Thanks..

dori_bashan
Level 6
We are doing a back up job to an archive organization and they have asked us to report the checksums of the files that was used in the backup jobs. They sent me the Symantec KB.... Thanks..

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If I recall, this option was removed in BE 10 itself (Will have to probably edit the KB article so that it shows the relevant versions only) and there isn't any way to report the checksums that were used in the backups.