cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X64 Agent Problems

Jo_o_Gaspar
Level 2
Hi,
I Have instaled CPS in my backup server and then i started to install the agents, the fileserver that runs in w2003 enterprise x86 it's ok and the backups are running, but in my exchange 2007 server w2003 Enterprise x64, the agent just don't work, i have tried to install with a maped drive from \\backupserver\C$\ProgramFiles\Symantec\ContinuousProtectionServer\Install\RAWSx64, the service runs but the machine does not apear in server list to backup. i dont now wath to do now, can you give me a ligth please...

João Gaspar - Portugal
2 REPLIES 2

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Joao,

Do you have advertising enabled on the remote agent of the Exchange server?  To check this go to Start -Programs - Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers - Backup Exec Remote Agent Utility.  Once the program is open click on the Publishing tab.  If the check box has not been checked then it is not enabled.  Just check the box for it and click Add to add your Media server name or IP to publish this server to.

Jo_o_Gaspar
Level 2
Hi, i resolved the problem with the new version of backupexec 11d, installing the agent in windows 2003 x64 R2, but now i have another problem!!!

The machine apears in the CPS but when i tried to make the information store backup, there is no information store in there, isn´t there.

I have confirmed the licensences with symantec and it´s everything ok, i have read that this problem already hapend to other IT, but i didn´t find the resolution to it.

Have someone resolved allready.

Thanks

João Gaspar - Portugal