cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in licensing

Bourne
Level 2
I had to reinstall Backup Exec 11d and replace a drive that malfunctioned (after 5 days use) a few weeks ago. The reinstallation of the hardware went fine with no problems for a couple of weeks, then about a week ago the Backup Exec window title changed to Evaluation version: 1 day of 60 left. Then after a week it jumped from 7 days to 14 days left (in the space one day). Anyone have any ideas (apart from changing to other software)?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Stumpr2
Level 6
That is strange.
Are you using a demo license or a permanent license now?

Bourne
Level 2
Permanent licence all the way through. I checked it again on the licensing pages and on my paperwork and re-rentered it. The licences seem fine but the version is still ticking through as an Evaluation version.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Was this an upgrade, or a clean install?

I remember  that there was a similar problem with upgrades in an earlier version, but can't find the TechNote.
(Have I mentioned that I HATE the new "improved" search function?)
Have you tried removing all serials and shutting down/restarting all BackupExec Services, then re-entering your serials?

Bourne
Level 2
Hi!

Originally i installed it as an upgrade from 9.1. After the inital problems with it, as far as I remember I uninstalled the software and tried again from scratch. It ran fine for a while (better than it had after the original upgrade) then out of the blue it took a notion that it was an evaluation version.

I tried removing the serials etc but I'll give it another shot.

Message Edited by Bourne on 10-02-2007 11:01 AM