Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML error when viewing Job Log

Stuart_Millar
Not applicable
Windows 2000 Server Pro SP4
Backup Exec 9.1

When trying to view the job log for a completed backup, I get the following error:

"One or more errors were encountered converting the job log into a web page for display. The job log will be displayed in text format."

"LoadXML failed. Reason: A. Error on line 181, position 24 in "f"
C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Data\BEX00021.xml
"

I have followed the instructions in the Veritas article 254079 but the problem still exists.

In the article it says to register some DLL files. All except MSXML1.dll are ok. When attempting regsrv32 msxml1.dll an error says: "LoadLibrary("MSXML1.dll") failed - The specified module could not be found."
3 REPLIES 3

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

We suggest that for the backup job for which you are receiving this error you can recreate the backup job and then verify the result

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Lloyd_Smith
Not applicable
What kind of soultion is this, we are having the exact same issues, i have searched for msxml1.dll and dont have it in on our system at all... i have tried seacrhing microsoft for this dll and they have no knowledge of this it..... any more useful help you can give????

Mat_Ashmore
Level 4
I have exactly the same problem, tried everything...

Even deleted the job & recreated etc... the problem is intermittent!!!

Basically i have given up hope!

Switched the job log on via e-mail, *which i also had issues with* that way i never have to check the job log file within Veritas!