cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a000fe09 - The directory is invalid. Can't find the directory

Gary_DiPiazza
Level 3
My backups are failing due to the error "a000fe09 - The directory is invalid." I know that Veritas says if the directory no longer exists, edit the backup job and remove the directory from the selection list and then submit the backup job. However, if I can't find the directory to remove it from the backup job how do I delete it. I recreated the backup job from scratch and still get the same error message.

In the job log this is the info I receive:

Directory not found. Can not backup directory Margie Marks  F6s湩潦
ǠĎ06ƈ6!ǮĈMargie Marks Top of Information Store and Giant Eagle and its subdirectories.

Please Help!!!
17 REPLIES 17

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please verify whether you have the same error, if yes please see the technote to resolve the issue:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/255047

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Gary_DiPiazza
Level 3
I did get that error message. However, when I recreated the backup from scratch I stopped recieving the corrupt file error.

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Gary,

Do you mean the Problem is solved?

Please let us know.

Thanks,
RegardsMessage was edited by:
Amruta Bhide

Gary_DiPiazza
Level 3
No the problem is still not solved. It has been going on for over three weeks now.

aravind_kondapa
Level 6
Does the user "Margie Marks" still exist ?
At any time a user account is removed from the Active Directory, you will have to recreate the selection list.

NOTE: If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Gary_DiPiazza
Level 3
Yes, the user Margie Marks still exists.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi Gary,

Do update us if the same error reappears and also try backingup that single mailbox ..

Revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

Gary_DiPiazza
Level 3
The same error message still exists. I will try to backup the single user. Thanks.

Gary_DiPiazza
Level 3
I tried backing up the user by itself and still get the same error message.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hello,

Refer the technote given below :

After deleting a user in Active Directory, the error message "Directory not found. Cannot backup directory and its subdirectories" appears when backing up the user's mailbox.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/241981

--- Also perform following steps

1.Start SGMON
http://support.veritas.com/docs/190979
2.Start the job now ( single mailbox backup)

--- Search for any error in SGMON.log File

Thank you
Gauri

Gary_DiPiazza
Level 3
The following lines had error messages on them when I ran a backup with the single user. Not quite sure what they all mean.

bengine: 1410 8/15/2006 8:55:20: Error = 1101 Req = 6144 Got = 1024
bengine: 1410 8/15/2006 8:55:20: Error = 0 Req = 6144 Got = 614
bengine: 1410 8/15/2006 9:10:37: Device Error = 1101
beserver: 0x0528 13-0815:091038:JobManager::DoJobCompletionTasks() Handling normal JOB_STATE_ERROR
beserver: 0x0528 13-0815:091038:JobManager::DoJobCompletionTasks() Finished building JOB_STATE_ERROR message

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Have you followed the technote sent earlier. Also have you created a new selection list?

Thanks.

Gary_DiPiazza
Level 3
Yes I did create a new selection list. However, I still recieve the same error.

Gary_DiPiazza
Level 3
Someone suggested to me that I unplug the external hard drive I was using on the server. I did and my backups are still failing.

aravind_kondapa
Level 6
In the event viewer do you see:
>Event ID: 9646
>Type: Error
>Source: MSExchangeIS

If yes then have a look at this technote:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/271186
Probably the user has many subfolders in his mailbox.

NOTE: If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Gary_DiPiazza
Level 3
Am I supposed to make the registry changes on the server Veritas is on or the Exchange server.

aravind_kondapa
Level 6
It is on the Exchange server as explained in the KB articles: 830829 and 830836.
But is the Event ID: 9646 logged in the event viewer?