Hi,

I have a new BEWS 9.1.4691 (SP1) installation with OFO and RANT32 licenses
(i.e. I supplied 3 S/Ns during installation). I noticed that adamm.log
contains the following:

Evaluation Days Remaining: 60

Is that normal? This is the only visible indication that the installation
isn't fully licensed. I checked my \WINDOWS\bkupinst.log file and all 3 S/Ns
are acknowledged. In other words, I can't see anything obvious in there that
tells me it's installing as an evaluation.

Has anyone else seen this? I was hoping not to have to wait for the
evaluation period to run out before I find out if it's really a problem :)
(my 8.6 systems don't do this).

cheers,
Dale
6 REPLIES 6

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

The adamm.log shows days remaining 60 for Library Expansion Option.If you are using a 2 drive autoloader then you would have to buy a license once the evaluation period has expired.
Hope that answers your query.

dshaw
Level 2
Hi tejashree,

I'm not using the Library Expansion Option (or a 2-drive autoloader for that matter). The system was installed silently but I did not install Backup Exec with the /LOADER: parameter.

My adamm.log makes no reference to the Library Expansion Option and a 60-day evaluation period, so perhaps you are talking about a different problem.

cheers.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

In the backup exec console, On the menu bar, click the option 'Help' which is the question mark. Check the license information. Whether it is licensed or not
"NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days,
this post would be 'assumed answered' and archived."

dshaw
Level 2
sorry - there is absolutely no indication through the GUI that the product is not correctly licensed. everything looks fine in that regard, but adamm.log continues to count down. unfortunately because this system is in a test environment, it gets rebuilt before the counter expires so I don't actually know what happens when it gets to zero.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

The information "Evaluation Days Remaining" is by design which appears when the Evaluation Mode is converted to Licensed Mode before the number of Evaluation Days expires.

You can ignore this and to confirm that the product is Licensed Open BackupExec Admin Console and click Help and Select About Veritas BackupExec for Windows Servers and click License Information.

If the License Number appears then the product is Licensed.

However, to resolve this problem, please remove all the serial numbers and then add them again. This should resolve the issue.
You may refer to the following technote:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/253928.htm

Select the serial numbers and use the 'Remove' button shown in figure 3 to remove them. Then add all of them.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days,
this post would be 'assumed answered' and archived

Regards,

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply