cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding ndmp storage device in backup exec 2010

Paul_Shane
Not applicable

I am running Rev 2896 (64-bit).  I used to be able to add my EMC celerra to the ndmp backup devices.  HOwever, now when I try to re-add my Celerra or add on of my other Celerras, i get the error "The requested operation is not supported".

This used to be easy to add but not I can't do it.  Fortunately, the NDMP server entries I already have entered still work but I can't add any more and one of my colleagues who is also running this latest version of backup exec can't add any either. 

Is there a license option that we are missing?  We have the NDMP option.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

2 things

YOu can backup ndmp as a device and as a share.

If you are backing up ndmp as a device then you have to have the ndmp license installed on the BE server and NDMP option should be enabled on the Celerra box.

If you are backing up just the shares then no need to purchase the ndmp option but make sure in that case you should have NDMP option disabled on the Celerra box.

teiva-boy
Level 6

I doubt this is a licensing issue, but do you have multiple NDMP option keys installed on your BE media server?  The error doesn't suggest it.  Though you would need one for EACH active NAS filer you are backing up via NDMP.