cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advance open file option on remote domain controller

dktexas_dktexas
Level 2
Hello,
I have 2 domain controls and perform once a week full backup remotely of the operating system located on C:\ and system state.

I now want to restore and when I select c:\ the following files c:\winnt\system32\ … kernel32.dll, ntdll.dll, ntkrnlpa.exe, ntoskrnl.exe, win32k.sys, winsrv.dll are missing although were selected in my backup job.

Is my advance open file option not working?

We use veritas bacakup exec 9.1 installed on a windows 2003 server.

Can u please help?
3 REPLIES 3

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

As you can not see the files c:\winnt\system32\ … kernel32.dll, ntdll.dll, ntkrnlpa.exe, ntoskrnl.exe, win32k.sys, winsrv.dll , while restoring, have you performed the catalog operation?

Please elaborate.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

dktexas_dktexas
Level 2
yes the catalog operation was performed.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please restore these folders to an alternate location, to a folder and check if you can see the files that you mentioned here.

If not pease
verify if your backup job was successfule without exceptions and errors, try creating a new job and check if they are being backed up now.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.