cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

agent upgrade from 10D to 11D

Liese
Level 2
Hi,

I went through previous posts to see if I could find an answer to my question, and while it's been addressed, the answers are sometimes conflicting.

If I upgrade my server from 10D to 11D (licensed version, not trial version),
1. Am I required to update the agents right away

Some responders say it works, others say only with the trial version and still others say it may or may not work.

2.  Am I required to reboot after pushing the new agent?

Symantec Tech Support says that I do need to reboot, but I don't remember having to do that with previous upgrades. Perhaps he meant that it was a best practice rather than a requirement?  Previous answers to this question seem to vary from "no reboot required" to "it's required, but not right away" to "not required but it might happen anyway".

I'm planning an upgrade in the very near future so any help is greatly appreicated.

Thanks,
Liese

2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
1) A v11d media server will talk to a v10d  RAWS, but it is legal only "for the purpose of rolling upgrades" (quoted from the Software Compatibility List  http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/286600.htm

2) As for a re-boot.  You should be able to get away with just restarting the Agent Service, but it is always recommended to re-boot as soon after any software install/upgrade as soon as you can

Trevor_B
Level 4
Hi,

When i upgraded from 10.d to 11.d the backup would still work but got a message saying the agents needed to be updated. So technically it will work but its always best to have upto date agents,