cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backing up specific folders on workstations

Not applicable
Hello

We have salesman who are forgetful when it comes to backing up the data on their laptops. They are supposed to transfer any critical documents to the mapped network drive but they often don't. This is what I would like to do. When a salesman logs in in the morning the server will automatically grab all the files in whatever folder(s) I select that reside on the salesman's laptop. For example, When Joe logs on for the first time the server will go and grab everything out of "My Documents" on Joe's laptop and store it in a location on the server that I choose. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can accomplish this.

Thank You

TB
2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
I don't think BackupExec can do this

But you should be able to gen up something up using PERL or REXX or VB and add it to the login script

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Are you using DLO ? In that case select the profile of the user and click on properties. Under the schedule tab there is an option to automatically backup after logging in.

Hope this answers your query.

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.