cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup Exec 2010 Sp1 and Nexenta stor NDMP

Christer_sundqv
Level 4

Hi,

I have bought the option for NDMP for Backup Exec 2010 media server version 13.0 rev 2896 NDMP is installed in the media server.

The Nexenta filer box has NDMP configuerd and im using the root command for trying to get Access.

I have tried other accounts as well but with the same result.

When i try to add the nexenta thru NDMP i get the following error(s)

Unable to authenticate with the NDMP Server, or with the remote computer that is configured as a remote media agent or as a remote agent with Direct Access.

sometimes i get a different error message, the requested operation is not supported.

on the Nexenta filer  i can se error message in the NDMP log

12/08 11:37:20 ERROR: [12][ndmpd_connect_client_auth_v3:518]:Authorization(md5)
denied for 172.16.254.202.
12/08 11:37:36 ERROR: [13][ndmpd_connect_auth_md5:1247]:Authorization denied.
12/08 11:37:36 ERROR: [13][ndmpd_connect_client_auth_v3:518]:Authorization(md5)
denied for 172.16.254.202.
12/08 11:45:29 ERROR: [14][ndmpd_connect_auth_md5:1247]:Authorization denied.

Any tip is greatly appreciated

Regards

Christer Sundqvist

2 REPLIES 2

teiva-boy
Level 6

NDMP is not supported by that brand software in BackupExec.  

This is the reason a hardware compatibility list is published, so that it can be reviewed PRIOR to making a purchase and verifying it'll work with BE or not.

Best you try out the RALUS agent instead, and return your purchase of the NDMP option.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Teiva Boy has provided the answer (so don't vote what I am typing as a solution) but just for info of others reading this thread - Backup Exec 2010 R2 has enhancements built into it to allows us to consider supporting devices from other vendors with a simple patch, old versions could only support NDMP on EMC Celerra (Dart) devices or NetApp/IBM (OnTap) devices.

However any extra support for new devices will appear via the Hardware Compatibility List so this information won't help the original poster at this time.

For the original posters benefit you could post into the Ideas Section  (in the Forums menu) to request an enhancement to support Nexeta NDMP devices - this could then be looked at for the future