cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup exec 11d corrupt files

Karen_Johnson
Level 4

Hello,

I have an hp autoloader 1/8, during a backup if an corrupt file is encountered, the backup skips to the next tape in the autoloader.  So I have a tape with on a couple of kilobytes of data on it and then it encounters a corrupt file and skips to the next tape.  I need some help please.

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
hi Karen,

Weird one...

Check to make sure that you are using the Symantec drivers for 11D, and preferably the latest ones. Load them, and try a backup again.
If you're using Advanced Open File Option, it would take care of any open files...not to be used with SQL and Exchange preferably though.

Laters!

Karen_Johnson
Level 4
Thanks for the reply CraigV.

I have loaded the lastest symantec drives for 11D and I am finally able to see all by slots in backup exec.  I am not using Advanced Open file Option, but I have set the option to never, do you think that will help?

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Try this:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SYMANTEC\Backup Exec for Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Backup

Add a new REG_DWORD Fail Jobs On Corrupt Files and set it to 0 (zero)

Rerun the job again

CraigV
...does that not suppress ALL failed jobs?

Karen: OK then AOFO is turned off. Go into your job and select AOFO and leave it as Automatic...let BEWS select which snapshot provider it deems best.

Run a job again, and post the results here...

CraigV
Any nwes here Karen? Have you come right here? If so, can you close this off?