cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backups fail complaining of missing log file but yet /mh show clean shutdown How to resolve?

vjimrski
Level 2

Hello,

Running Backup Exec 2010R3 fully patched Exchange 2010 fully patched both are running on W2K8R2 again fully patched.  When running backups I am getting the following error:

beremote (3680) Instance 1: Log File Integrity Check (\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy98\Logs\Public Folders\E01): The range of log files \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy98\Logs\Public Folders\E010000048A.log to \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy98\Logs\Public Folders\E010001EE42.log is missing (error -528) and cannot be used. If these log files are required for recovery, a good copy of these log files will be needed for recovery to complete successfully.

For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

When I look for the log files I can find 48a.log however, I cannot find 1EE42.log so I am guess that is the problem.  When I run an eseutil /mh is shows clean shutdown, so that tells me that the database is good and all log files have been played in.  I have checked all the vsswriters and there are no errors there.  So where do I go next?

TIA,

Jim

1 REPLY 1

AshwinApte
Level 4
Employee

Hi Jim,

Is this an incremental backup or the full backup? Is this a DAG or a Standalone Exchange 2010 backup?

Do you have any other applications which are running backups on the Exchange Database?

Also have you tried running the eseutil /ml E01 > Logcheck.txt command? This will detect mismatched or missing logs in a sequence without having to examine individual headers. This command scans the current folder for all log files whose names begin with Enn and reports damaged logs, creation time/prev gen time mismatches, and missing log files

Thanks