cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

barcodes not reading correctly

Level 2
I have a Quantum Valueloader LTO2 with BE 9.0.
The barcode reader is working, but will only read 6 digits, and the tape lables have 7 digits. My labels are "xxx0001, xxx0002, xxx0003", etc, but each slot just shows "xxx000, xxx000, xxx000", etc. I can use the utility in BE to label each tape, but sort of defeats the purpose.
Also, if I use BE to label the tapes, I can then put them into a media group ok, but after data is written to them and they return to their slot, the label changes back to "xxx000"
I have v9 SP1 loaded along with all the latest patchs, Any ideas?Message was edited by:
3 REPLIES 3

Level 2
wow, almost two weeks and no one has ever seen this? I have to say Veritas support sucks. Unless you have a valid full blown support agreement, you can't even talk to an engineer or get a simple question answered. . Usually, you get someone from India, so just trying to communicate with them is half the challenge. If you buy a product and have issues getting it installed correctly, shouldn't you be able to get support for this? Why oh why do I buy products from vendors that will not stand behind their own stuff? Sorry for the rant, but I think this is riduculas.

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hello,

The drive is listed as "tested" in our compatibilty list. If it is listed as "tested" you need to update the device drivers as well as the firmware.

Refer to the following document to check the compatibility of the device:

Backup Exec 9.x for Windows Servers Robotic Library Hardware Compatibility List (HCL) (includes Tested Drives)

http://support.veritas.com/docs/271383

Please check if you have set any bar-code rules.
Refer to the following technote:

"How to enable a bar code label rule and configure it for the tape device "

http://support.veritas.com/docs/259444

Perform an initialize and a scan operation after you update the firmware and drivers.

NOTE: If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.