cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

be 2012 raws agent showing as physical on vmware

Jordon
Level 3

4 of my 10 servers ranging from windows server 2003 to windows server 2008 r2 all have their status as phyiscal in backup exec 2012.

I've tried completely reinstalling the vmware agent and raws agent to no avail.  I even tried taking a server that was flagged as virtual and did the same thing and it made it worse and now shows up as physical.

This presents further issues as the vm's being backed up with vmware are not being cataloged under the vm agent like machines that work properly do. Additionally some of the servers not showing up properly have grt issues as well

this example is on a vmware server that will have no issues with a vm raws agent showing as virtual and issues with a raws agent showing as physical manifesting in this grt error.

running backup exec 2012 sp1a with vsphere v5.0

V-79-57344-38727 - Backup Exec failed to snap virtual machine '\(DC)ha-datacenter(DC)\vm\WebProject'...
1 REPLY 1

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi For your issue were few that is 4 virtual machines showing as physical server, for that please right click and remove the server which are showing virtual. Once done please ensure you add all your virtual machine from the tab which is next to add ribbon, that add vmware. Once you click on that please add the name of center or Esx and you will see all virtual machine listed. Thanks