cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

beremote not busy enough?

Georg_Hehberger
Level 3
Hi all!

After deploying the remote agent to a server and running some test backups I observed the following:

When starting the backup job:

The CPU usage for beremote on the server to be backup'd goes up to 50 percent, the files get copied VERY fast, 45% of the Gbit line are used.

After copying one gigabyte of data (takes only a few seconds) the cpu usage of the remote agent goes down to 2 percent, and the transfer rate to the backupserver goes down to like 120MB/min or even less.

How can I assure that beremote keeps utilizing the CPU? I already tried setting the thread priority to realtime, but this didn't help either...

best regards, Georg
3 REPLIES 3

Georg_Hehberger
Level 3
Update:

I just ran a xcopy from the server to the backup server and I get like 2GB per minute when copying 10GB data... i guess this kinda rules out my hardware/software config as a source of error...

I'm out of ideas now...

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

We aplogise for this delay in replying to your mail. Does the problem regarding the remote backups and corresponding beremote activity persist? If yes, we need more information on the following:
What are you backing up on the remote server and at what time are you scheduling the backup job? Is there any other activity or maintainance on the remote server during the backup?
From the backup job properties,advanced tab, what is the priority for the remote agent? You can try changing that and verify the results. Refer to the following technote for more information on the same:

Title:How to change the priority level of the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers
http://support.veritas.com/docs/253094

Hope this helps. Do update us in either case. If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.