cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

beremote segfaulting on Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 64bit

Andreas_Neumann
Not applicable
Hi all,

I was recently upgrading my Ubuntu 64bit Server from 8.04 LTS to 10.04 LTS. beremote/VRTSralus was working fine on 8.04 64bit - but after the upgrade it stopped working.

I read across several postings but couldn't find a way to solve my problem.

When I start browsing the Linux machine from the Windows server running BackupExec Version 12.0 Rev 1364, beremote seems to crash on the Linux remote client. I can see the Linux machine(s), and can get to the root of the filesystem, but whenever I try to open the root filesystem, beremote on the Linux machine segfaults.

Here is the output of the log: http://pastie.org/1064035

I would welcome any suggestions how to fix my problem. I am a little concerned about the messages at the beginning of the log telling me that several libraries couldn't be loaded (libbedsnt5.so could not be loaded, etc.)

Thanks a lot,
Andreas
2 REPLIES 2

MJ2010
Level 2
Regarding the modules that could not be loaded, it appears as if it is part of initialization, and would load the modules if devices/filesystems/whatever that matched them were present. That said, I wouldn't be too concerned about that. Try looking in your syslog to see if there is more information about the segfault, and what caused it. I recently experienced a similiar issue when upgrading from SuSE SLES 10 to 11. Also, be sure to check both the BEx 12 and 2010 software compatibility lists (SCL) to see if your OS version is supported. In my case, BEx 12 does not support SLES 11, but 2010 does.

Good luck!

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Ubuntu is not supported by any version of BE.