cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't Restore mailbox Exchange 2010 useing Backup exec 2012 if mail box content [] characters in the display name

ghaleb
Level 2

Hi

please i need your  help when i try to  Restore mailbox Exchange 2010 useing Backup exec 2012  

if mailbox content this  [] characters in the display name give follwing error

The job failed with the following error: Cannot restore one or more mailboxes. The database that the mailboxes reside in is dismounted or is not accessible. Ensure that the server is available and that the database is mounted, and then run the job again

V-79-57344-764

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

I think you are going to have to log a formal support case for us to look into this more throughly as it looks like it has not been reported to us against BE 2012.

If you do log a formal support case then please quote "ETRACK 2821172" which seems to be similar and was apparently found by QA enginers working on the next BE version. Quoting this reference will hopefully speed up the handling of your case.

BTW AFAIK the reason we have problems with this is that the [ and ] characters are actually used to show mailbox name and display name in the restore selections - as such you customizing your accounts to use [ and ] then has a conflict.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jaydeep_S
Level 6

Try to redirect the mailbox to a .pst file or another mailbox whose display name does not have special characters. Here is how to redirect.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH191622

Edit: Look under solution 2 in below technote which explains similar issue.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH77341

ghaleb
Level 2

Dear Sir

Thank you for help i check your links ,but when i try to redrict to pst it give me this erro

he job failed with the following error: Backup Exec could not log on to the server with the logon account specified for it. The logon account does not have valid credentials. Ensure that the user name and password are correct in the logon account

V-79-57344-39777

and other Solution it's,, i have  to recreate user that mean new GUID and it's not possible if i want to restore one item like inbox or one email i have to recreate  user, but when i try it work fine,, infact  any user in my  Organization if  his mailbox not content this  [] characters in the display name working fine and i can do all Services so please help me to fix this issue i have more than 800 user if i use other characters like { } it will work ...

Colin_Weaver

I think you are going to have to log a formal support case for us to look into this more throughly as it looks like it has not been reported to us against BE 2012.

If you do log a formal support case then please quote "ETRACK 2821172" which seems to be similar and was apparently found by QA enginers working on the next BE version. Quoting this reference will hopefully speed up the handling of your case.

BTW AFAIK the reason we have problems with this is that the [ and ] characters are actually used to show mailbox name and display name in the restore selections - as such you customizing your accounts to use [ and ] then has a conflict.