cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot backup my public folders+brick level

avi_azerrad
Level 3
hello,

suddenly,i cannot backup my public folders and the mailbox brick level,i can see them and even can to click on them,but when i am clicking i am getting errors that telling me that the mailbox isnt unique mailbox,and that i cannot browse the contents of them..
please note that:
1) my mailbox backup account is member of domain admins+local exchange admins+exchange ent admin+delegate full exchange administrator
2) [my mailbox account is unique!!!
3) i already changed at the registry the "restrict annonymouse support" value to 1
my exchange is 2003.
what can i do ??????
please answer me at details..
respectfully,
avi azerrad
6 REPLIES 6

sumeet_karve
Level 3
Hi,
This is in reference to your problem of not being able to backup the mailboxes and public folder store or as you said cannot see the subfolders. There are a few things you can check and try.

1.As you had mentioned that the mailbox is unique, please verify that the first five letters of the exchange backup account is unique in the active directory .
2.And of course check if the account is exchange full administrator.
3.Also try sending some test messages to the concerned mailbox hence it will get activated.
4.Please verify that the account mailbox is not hidden from global address list, you can follow this technote.
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/243328.htm

If the above steps do not work then try creating a new exchange backup account with unique mailbox as well as the necessary rights and provide it as the logon account.

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
Yeah, sounds like a new mailbox came on board which makes your mailbox no longer unique.

As noted, Administrator and Admin1 are not unique. A lot of people create an account and mailbox called Backup since no one is actually named Backup, the chance of it coming around with someone else is pretty improbable.

What was your mailbox/user name? You should be able to find the new one fairly easy in AD or Exchange.

avi_azerrad
Level 3
the name of my mailbox is publicbk and its the one and the only one named in my org

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
hello,

You can refer teh following technote:
How to confirm that an Exchange mailbox name is unique within the Exchange organization when configuring Backup Exec to back up Exchange mailboxes
http://support.veritas.com/docs/256537

please perform the following stpes to troubleshoot this issue:

Creat a Veritas Account in User Manager for domains
-- make a member of domain admins and adminstrators.

--Launch Exchange Administrator and grant Veritas Account full Exchange Admin Rights at all levels in Exchang.

-Go to Network, Logon Accounts - Creat Veritas Logon and set it as default.

-Attempt to select the mailboxes

If it will not resolve the issue, do the following stpes:

-- Stop and restart BEWS Services.
-- Log off and back on as Veritas Account.
-- Launch BEWS.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days,
this post would be 'assumed answered' and archived.

Regards,

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply

avi_azerrad
Level 3
thank you.