cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot create duplicate job

completed_statu
Level 2
For new jobs that I create for some reason I cannot create duplicate jobs for them.  I have initial jobs that backup to a data domain and then I create duplicate jobs that backup the data domain backup to tape. 

I have working jobs that are doing this and can select existing jobs as the source for the duplicate but for some reason I can no longer see new jobs that I create and schedule as an option for duplicate jobs.

Please help!
3 REPLIES 3

completed_statu
Level 2
In case anyone cares the problem was that I was creating new jobs by copying an old job and for some reason it didn't like creating duplicate backups from these copies. 

Sealy_IS_Dept
Level 2
Just had same issue in that I copied original job (backup to disk) that has a duplicate job (backup to tape) to create a job to backup direct to tape. When I deleted the copied job the duplicate job disappeared and I can no longer create a duplicate job for my original job! Version 11 and issues like this, jesus!

Sealy_IS_Dept
Level 2
Just managed to resolve this for v11d as follows:

stop all backup exec services

logon to backupexec sql server instance using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express

expand bedb database

browse to dbo.jobs table

open the table

select the job record that cannot be duplicated

goto linkedjobid column and replace value with 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

close the table and mssms express

start the backup exec services

you should now be able to duplicate the job

The issue seems to occur because during the copy process the linkedjobid is copied also, rather than being blanked.

HTH.