cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

circular logging

Alice_Stewart
Level 5
I had to replace one of my exchange 2000 servers with new hardware. That is all stable. However, when I try to backup the server via Remote Agent, I get an error when it tries to backup the info store.

The error is:Incremental & differential backups are not possible because MS Exchange is configured for circular logging.V-79-57344-33943.

The problem is that I was trying to do a FULL backup, not an Incre or Diff, so this error makes no sense in my case.

I have always run full exchange backups everyday with no problems and I have no intention of turning off circular logging. In fact, my other exchange server continues to backup correctly.

What is causing this error given that my job setup does not seem to apply? Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
HI,

What option was selected in "Job properties" > "Settings" > "Exchange".

Was the "Full Backup" option selected ?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to the ‘answered questions’ pool.

Alice_Stewart
Level 5
Yes, I only run Full backups. In fact, even though I changed nothing in the job setup yesterday, the job ran successfully last night. Very strange.