cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

communications failure has occurred.

Shahin123
Level 6

Hi,

I have a server 2003 R2, I use our BE 2010 R3 to backup this server, server 2003 in one domain and BE in other domain the BE is behind and TMG server and untill now the server 2003 had only windows firewall I did install the remote agaent manually on this server 2003 and for about a year untill now I could backup this server but now this server 2003 is also behind the second TMG server I did forward the port 10000 in our second TMG to the internal IP of the server 2003. I can create a backup job and can broswe the server 2003 from BE console but when start the job I can see that tape get loaded but after 2 minuet or so get this error:

Job ended: Wednesday, October 08, 2014 at 9:20:44 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000fe30 - A communications failure has occurred.
Final error category: Server Errors

Any idea?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Are you able to telnet on port 10000 from the media server to the remote server and vice versa as well ?

Addditionally, under Tools - Options - Network & Security, enable "Enable remote agent TCP dynamic port range" and enter a wide range of available ports.

Lastly, these KBs may help as well -

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH43579

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH5654

Shahin123
Level 6

Hi,

Thanks for your replay,

yes I can telnet port 10000 from the BE server to remote server and vice versa.

I did turn on the monitoring on the second TMG server and can see that connection on port 135 and 445 is denied I did create a access rule on the secound TMG server for inbound connection for TCP on port 135 and 445 but still backup failed.

we dont have any problem with backuping the servers that are behind the same TMG server as BE. problem is with backing up the remote server behind the secound TMG server.

Thanks