cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configuring one tape partitions with in robotic library

john_schuffert
Level 3
I have a Dell Robotic Library and a 7 tape cartridge inserted. I have configured one tape partitions with that library and I run full backups each night.
Using the one tape partitions I have configured each tape as one night of the week (media sets) in other words slot one is monday night, slot two is tuesday night and so on....
Every morning I have to log in to the server and change to the media set for that day so that all backups 11 in all will run to that one tape. I hope this makes sense.

HOW do I set up the backup to automaticaly change to the next tape or day media set selection????
HELP!!!!
4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
You would need to create a separate job for each night, pointed at the appropriate partition

john_schuffert
Level 3
Thanks Ken!  To clarify, Copy each job using a setup job or selection list for each day pointed to each media set.
That would be 66 jobs in all.  11 jobs x 6...?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
If you have 11 different jobs running each night, yeah, that would be 66 jobs

Is there any reason you don't concatenate some of the 11 jobs into one larger one?

john_schuffert
Level 3
I have thought about that and I am Thinking of doing that except I may have to have separate jobs for the Sharepoint and the SQL servers.  For some reason you cannot backup sharepoint server farm and SQL servers in the same job. I cannot remember the details of the error. I could combine them and whittle the jobs down to just a few.
Thanks again for your help!