cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cpu usage at 100% when pending

LUC_BONENFANT
Not applicable
Hello,

Each time I cancel a job, CPU goes at 100 percent and it blocks the job on cancel pending. I have to restart services to continu.

Thanks.

WIN2003 + Bexec 11d (11.0 rev 6235)
2 REPLIES 2

Sandy_Sandifer
Level 6
Hi Luc,

I'm going to do some research on my end, but would you be able to get the following information for us:
1. How long are you waiting to see if the job actually cancels? Have you given it 30 seconds, 10 minutes, etc..)?
2. When this occurs, what are you actually backing up?
3. What device are you using when this occurs? If you are using a tape drive, can you try the same test with a backup to disk folder and see if the same thing occurs?
4. If you are using the Advanced Open File Options (AOFO), try running a backup without that and perform the same test by canceling.
5. When this occurs, open up Windows Task Manager and see what process is actually pegging the computer out at 100% and let us know what that is.

Thanks.

Sandy_Sandifer
Level 6
Luc,

When we cancel a job, several things happen. If there is an alert pending, you must respond to the alert before the cancel will take place. If AOFO is taking a snapshot, we have to wait until it completes before the job is canceled (this could take a while). If we're waiting on a response from RAWS, we wait until we can talk to it before we cancel.
So, apart from what I mentioned before, check to see if any alerts are in the Alert tab or behind the GUI for whatever reason. Also, see if the Remote Agent for Windows Server service is the process being pegged.

Thanks.