cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e00002fe - Cannot log on to MAPI with the specified credentials

cgill
Level 3

This thread is closed: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/cannot-log-mapi-specified-credentials

Error category : Resource ErrorsError : e00002fe - Cannot log on to MAPI with the specified credentials. Review the resource credentials for the job, and then run the job again.

I have tried all the steps I can find information on, and yet this problem continues to happen. It is backing something up, as it is about 160GB worth of data. the verification portion checks out fine, its seems to be just the backup process. It runs for 2.5 hours and is saving some sort of data. This is an exchange stores-only full backup, with the order: high limit group, secondary storage group, a-l, m-z.

When I go to resource credentials section under the job, verify all checks out.

This used to work just fine, then one day it simply stopped.  Exchange appears perfectly fine, but I have uninstalled mapi, rebooted, installed mapi, rebooted. In addition I decided to install mapi onto the backup server, and rebooted. The backup still complains that it has failed.

Please advise.

----

Backup Exec 12.5 on Server 2008 R2

Exchange 2007 on Server 2008 R2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...you'd need to upgrade to BE 2010 R3...BE 12.5 as a media server on Windows Server 2008 R2 isn't supported at all.

Make sure the server is x64-bit capable as this would be needed to back up Exchange 2010 for example.

EDIT: You can get the trialware from the link below. It is a straight-forward upgrade, but grab a copy of the Data/Catalogs folders before doing anything. Also, you'd need new license keys so contact Symantec Licensing around these...

http://www.symantec.com/offer?a_id=91523

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV

...you'd need to upgrade to BE 2010 R3...BE 12.5 as a media server on Windows Server 2008 R2 isn't supported at all.

Make sure the server is x64-bit capable as this would be needed to back up Exchange 2010 for example.

EDIT: You can get the trialware from the link below. It is a straight-forward upgrade, but grab a copy of the Data/Catalogs folders before doing anything. Also, you'd need new license keys so contact Symantec Licensing around these...

http://www.symantec.com/offer?a_id=91523

cgill
Level 3

Thanks for the reply. I'm in the process of setting up a new backup server with 2010 running on a new tape machine with newer gen tapes. nothing will be the same except the version of windows server. Let's hope this helps; but this is dissapointing for it to just one day get up and quit working; I blame live update really-- I'm pretty sure that has something to do with the situation in breaking what once worked.

CraigV

It won't be LiveUpdate. The BE 2010 Software Compatibility List (for R1/R2/R3) lists the server OS's that can run BE 2010 as a media server.

Windows Server 2008 R2 is only supported on BE 2010, so how it worked on your server is a mystery.

cgill
Level 3

I never set it up so that's a great question how 12.5 ran backups of exchange stores on server 2008 r2.

great avatar icon btw, again thanks for your help.