cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e000035e - The Backup Exec Agent for Microsoft Exchange was not used to create the last...

Craig12
Level 3

Hi, I am using Backup Exec 12.5

I'm trying to set up a weekly complete backup and a nightly differential. The weekly backup runs great and never fails. The differential runs for a day or two after the complete backup but then fails afterwards.

The failure message is as follows:

e000035e - The Backup Exec Agent for Microsoft Exchange was not used to create the last full backup of this database.  You must use the Exchange Agent to run a full backup before you run a differential or incremental backup.

I have looked online and most of the documentation seems to indicate to upgrade from previous versions to Backup Exec 11 or 12.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Craig

3 REPLIES 3

Craig12
Level 3

anybody run into similar problems before?

sparkf1
Level 3
same problem on backup exec 2010, actually the differential/incremental for exchange server has never works good for me.

Jeffrey_Richard
Not applicable
My incremental Exchange backups were running fine until I upgraded to 2010 from 12.5.  Unfortunately, technical support was little interested and I had terribly poor response.   More and typical unfortunately.  Sure would like to know what's happening.