cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e000846a - The resource could not be restored because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent.

paladin621
Level 2

Am using BackupExec 2010 R3 attempting either manual or automatic IDR recovery the restore job fails with the above error. When I get to the step in the IDR process where the "temporary" machine is "starting the Remote agent for Windows Server, the cursor works for about 11/2 minutes then goes aways and tells me to create the job at the backup media server for the machine that I am attempting to recover. I do that per the instructions for a manual restore, selecting the Temporary user account etc and redirecting the restore to the temporary machine. One thing that I notice in each case is that I cannot browse to the temporary machine from within the Backup Exec 2010 console howerver I can ping the backup server by IP and by FQDN from the temporary machine. The media server is up to date on the patches for the version installed. Been working on this issue for about two months and it has become critical. If you are familiar with this issue, I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

paladin621
Level 2

Thanks for the input. I believe that I have resolved the issue with not being able to perform a manual IDR restore. There were a couple of things, 1 - after the IDR program opens, it presents a time in UTC format at the bottom of the screen, this time was always off, sometimes by a day sometimes by 4 hours of the same day, even though the temporary server CMOS time was set properly. Opening a command prompt on the temp server and setting the time reflected in what was displayed on the IDR screen, however you have to click "set" to make it applicable. This resolved the message that ths agent is not trusted during attemps to connect. We are configured in a domain, and the entire IP stack has to be loaded or entered manually ensuring that dns is suffixed properly. I could ping the temporary server by IP and by Temporary Name , the media server jobs failed with could not connect to the server message. I updated the host file with the temporary server information and ultimately was able to perform a manual restore. I am attempting a automated restore this wekend.

Thanks for your suggestions

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Paladin,

Check the TN below...it is a generic troubleshooting guide to your issue:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH45305

THanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You got to shut-down the old server and let the new server, which you are doing the IDR restore to, use the IP address of the old machine.  See my video below

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/videos/intelligent-disaster-recovery-idr-restore

paladin621
Level 2

Thanks for the input. I believe that I have resolved the issue with not being able to perform a manual IDR restore. There were a couple of things, 1 - after the IDR program opens, it presents a time in UTC format at the bottom of the screen, this time was always off, sometimes by a day sometimes by 4 hours of the same day, even though the temporary server CMOS time was set properly. Opening a command prompt on the temp server and setting the time reflected in what was displayed on the IDR screen, however you have to click "set" to make it applicable. This resolved the message that ths agent is not trusted during attemps to connect. We are configured in a domain, and the entire IP stack has to be loaded or entered manually ensuring that dns is suffixed properly. I could ping the temporary server by IP and by Temporary Name , the media server jobs failed with could not connect to the server message. I updated the host file with the temporary server information and ultimately was able to perform a manual restore. I am attempting a automated restore this wekend.

Thanks for your suggestions