cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error creating IDR

James_Thompson
Level 3
My problem is on my backup server, certain servers are not creating an IDR in the specified folder. SO when I go to create a IDR CD I get the following error �cannot create or find a disaster recovery (�.DR�) information file for the selected system. Make sure that you have VERITAS remote agent for windows servers installed and running on the selected network computer�.

I do have the above installed. I don�t understand as it works for half my servers but not the other half.

Can somebody please help with this
5 REPLIES 5

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

The .DR file gets created when a full backup is run or when a system state backup is run?

Have you tried that?

It does not get generated during an incremental or differential backup..

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

James_Thompson
Level 3
A system state backup has been run on all servers. It creates a DR file for some but not others??

Thanks
Jamie

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please note that DR file gets created during the full backup job.

As it is not creating on some servers, are you getting any error on those servers?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

James_Thompson
Level 3
We do not get any errors on the servers in question

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi James,

Is it a local or a remote IDR?

Please elaborate on how you are running the IDR process.

Refer to this document:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/262134

Hope it helps!