Did you mean: 

faulting application bengine.exe

TECH2000
Not applicable
Partner Accredited

Request for assistance,

Keep getting the following error in the Application log of the Event Viewer
Event ID: 1004
Reporting queued error: faulting application bengine.exe, version 9.1.4691.58, faulting module bengine.exe, version 9.1.4691.58, fault address 0x000aa545.

Also within the System log
Event ID: 7034
The Backup Exec Job Engine service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 2 time(s).

Need to restart Veritas daily in order to ensure that backups might take place.

I have installed SP5, currently running Veritas v9.1 Rev 4691 on SBS 2003 Standard Edition with SP2.

5 REPLIES 5

ZAIT
Not applicable
Partner
I detectet exactly the same error. As read in other forums I tried to upgrade to Symantec Backup Exec 11d. Upgrade installation ran successfully, including migration of the backup jobs. Jobs are now running successfully again. Is it really possible, that a working software product isn't working after some mandatory microsoft security patches? Let's hope, that one of the BackupExec software maintenance responsibles of Symantec will answer this question. Regards, AZ.

DT_2
Not applicable
We have a server with the mentioned problems as well. Running on a Windows2003 server with sp2 installed and all the latest security patches. We have tried reinstalling BE and applying all the available patches.

Is there no fix beside upgrading to 11d?

Any help appriciated.

Peetvader
Not applicable

I have the same problem. It happens when the process perfroms

Backup of "Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group" back-up type: INCREMENTAL. Not when I do a full back-up of the same store.

I wonder why I need the Backup Exec Remote Agent for that as I only have one SBS server. Update to 11d is not an option. Symatec should solve this in an update.

Matt_Christ
Not applicable

I get the exact same error on a Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition system.

Installed Service Pack 5.

Restarting Backup Exec services does not ensure a proper backup in my case.

An upgrade to a different version of Backup Exec is not an acceptable solution.

Raymond_Rotheng
Not applicable

I Have now the same issue.

"Vastgelopen toepassing: bengine.exe, versie: 9.1.4691.58, vastgelopen module: bengine.exe, versie: 9.1.4691.58, vastgelopen op: 0x000aa545.Zie Help en ondersteuning op http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp voor meer informatie."

On Veritas Backup Exec Version 9.1 Rev. 4691.

I Allready updated to SP5 but no success.

The server is a Windows 2003, fully updated.

Extra information, backupjob seems to fail during exchange backup.