cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hardware disappeared in 11d - how do I revert the library to a MS driver?

JohnLR
Level 3
After a windows patch and reboot, the drives and library disappeared from our copy of 11d, build 7170 I believe.    I ran the hardware wizard, and the drives ( 2 LTO 4's) now have the Symantec drives, but the library ( a Scalar50)  is still showing the Quantum drivers, and none of the hardware is shown in BackupExec.  How do I force the MS library drivers into place, and shold that resolve the issue of missing hardware?
5 REPLIES 5

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
To revert the driver to a MS driver go into device manager to change the driver.  You will want to change the driver to Unknown Medium Changer.  I can't say if this will fix your issue or not, can you verify that windows still shows everything?

JohnLR
Level 3
 How?  To change the driver I need the location of the new driver.  I uninstalled the library, rebooted, and it came back with the Quantum Driver installed. There is not a driver to roll back to. Updating the driver results in a message that no better driver is available

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/269214.htm

JohnLR
Level 3

Duh... I knew that, just was not thinking.  It's setup with the correct drivers,  nothing showing up in the configure device wizard, I'll try a reboot.

JohnLR
Level 3

cool - I'm back in business! thanks!