cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to install library expansion option

Magnus_Andreass
Level 2
Hi

I have entered the library expansion option in the "install additional options" wizard.
The license is registered but the option is not installed.

How do I install the install library expansion option?

Kind regards
Magnus
7 REPLIES 7

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

You need to install the option from tool- serial numbers and installation'. The following technote will guide you for the same:

Title: How to install the Backup Exec Library Expansion Option
http://support.veritas.com/docs/273551

Hope that helps. In case of any other queries on this, do write back to the forum.
However If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Magnus_Andreass
Level 2
Well I have done exactly that, two times already.
However I receive an error stating "Library Expansion Option Violation!
This server is licensed to support 1 tape drive in robotic libraries. However, the number of tape drives currently in use exceeds the license. You must purchase additional Library Expansion Options, or disable 1 tape drive. Please refer to product documentation for more information."

When I look into "help-about-licensing Information"
I can see that the status for SBS-library Expansion Option states Yes on licensed an NO on "installed"

Please help

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

We would like to know currently how many drive autoloader are you using?

This Windows event indicates there are not enough VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) Library Expansion Option (LEO) licenses for the number of drives in the computer's robotic library.

Please note :Support for a single robotic library drive is
included with Backup Exec for Windows Servers.
To obtain licenses for additional robotic library drives, you must purchase the optional VERITAS Backup Exec for Windows Servers.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Magnus_Andreass
Level 2
I have a Compaq SSL2000 Changer with 2 SONY AIT drives in it.

It worked perfectly well with Backup Exec 8,6.

With Bexec 10.0 I receive this error:
Library Expansion Option Violation!

This server is licensed to support 1 tape drive in robotic libraries. However, the number of tape drives currently in use exceeds the license. You must purchase additional Library Expansion Options, or disable 1 tape drive. Please refer to product documentation for more information.

The license info still shows me that the SBS-library expansion option is licenced, but not installed.

I need to resolve this issue now.
Please help.

regards,
Magnus

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

There might be a problem with the license number.
Please contact Sales for more information on this:

http://www.veritas.com/contactus/ContactUsHome.jhtml

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Magnus_Andreass
Level 2
Hi,

I have just validated the License number with the sales support team. They validated that my License number i correct.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please try removing the serial number then reboot the server.

Then please try repair installation of Backup Exec with the help of the technote below:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/253199

Then try installing the LEO option again with the help of the technote given earlier and then reboot the server if succesful

If the problem persists please generate the bediag with the help of the technote given below:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/251779

Paste the last entry of the adamm log.
find the last entry with the words "Adamm Log Started!"

Thanks,