cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to restore the file with the extended attribute

glenn_lejao
Level 2

Hi,

Could please help me on how to restore the file with the extended attribute file from tape backup. I tried to run the restoration but it is skipped silently and the job is considered successful but no file has restore.

please appreciated your help

regards,

glen

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I have move your post to a new discussion from: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/ndmp-slp-and-de-duplication-introduction

Always best to use the 'Create Content' link at the top right of the screen to post new issues/problems.

Please tell us more about your config:

NBU version on master, media server and client

OS on master, media server and client

More info about 'extented attributes' backup on the client

Do you have tar log folder on the client? And bptm and bpbrm on the media server?

Have you confirmed that the 'extended attribute file' was indeed backed up?

glenn_lejao
Level 2

Hi Marianne, Im currntly using the SYMANTEC BACKUP EXE 2012. I need to retreive a database file .LDF from tape drive and restore to different folder or drive. Is there any way that i can restore this file? the file is attribute file. It's showing successful the restoration but when i check the location of restored file and its not there. 

Restored 0 files in 1 directory 

regards,

glenn

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Moved post to correct forum....

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You cant backup and restore database files (.mdf or .ldf) like other flat files unless the database was taken offline while the backup was performed. These are automatically excluded while backups and restores. You need to use the Application and Database licence to backup databases in an online state.