cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

in 11D, how to config D2D2T ?

Calder_Chung
Level 4
I know how to create a backup job to back to disk and back to tape, but how can I create a signal backup job to provide D2D2T ?

In other Backup software, it can create this kind of backup job.
3 REPLIES 3

cris
Level 2
SBE doesn't support both in a single job, though you can do kind of the same thing with a policy (one policy that creates two jobs). Not sure why you'd care how many jobs it is in, though. You can use a template rule to trigger the tape backup (the duplication) after the disk backup is complete. You don't have to do anything weird like guessing how long the disk backup will take first.

D_Howell
Level 3
Mine is set up the same way.

Create a policy for the backup jobs. 
The first template you create use for the D2D backup.
Then, in the policy, create a new template, using "Duplicate Backup Sets Template".
     Select the D2D backup job to duplicate, select the Tape device, and once the D2D backup is completed, the D2T job will run and duplicate the backup.

Message Edited by D Howell on 10-31-2007 02:15 PM

ProjectGuy
Level 3
Partner
Well I used a method that is much simpler.

1. Create a job.
2. Create another job of type duplicate.  BE will ask you if you want to duplicate a specific backup set or you want it to run after a backup job has completed.  Choose the latter.

when the first job finishes, the duplicate job will move it to tape.  If you have several duplicate job, make sure your tape is appendable!!!