cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inventory and jobs stuck and never run

colin_hatr
Level 3
I have a weird issue
we are running Backup Exec 11d with a Sony LIB-D81 Autoloader. We have been running daily backup jobs for about a month with minimal issues until this week. Basically now any job I try to run simply sits in the QUEUE status and never runs. Also when I try to INVENTORY the Autoloader it goes into teh RUNNING status and just sits there. We have let it sit as long as 24 hours before and nothing. If I run a INITIALIZE that works fine, we even see the drive changes to the green arrow that means it is in use and everythhing.
when a INVENTORY or JOB is run the backup drive in the media window never shows IN USE.

I have restarted the server and autoloader many times. I have checked for updates and have the latest and greatest.

the drive show ACTIVE and ready to do but it all started when we changed the MEDIA last Monday. We switched the WEEK media and put in the next WEEK media and it still shows the last weeks MEDIA as being loaded in the AUTOLOADER in the MEDIA window.

any suggestions? We are really stuck here
1 REPLY 1

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
When you restart the server you need to follow a sequence:

Shutdown and remove power from the server

Shutdown and remove power from the tape loader & drive

Power up the tape loader & drive until it is at the ready state

power up the server.

You should also (if you havn't already), ensure you have the 3 patches (2, 6 & 8). One of them is updated drivers, 6 I think.