cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

license key it not valid

Alex_Dictos
Level 3
I just purchase 10d and when I try to install the license key I get the follwing message "An invalid serial number has been entered. Please verify the number and try again"

The following is the information from my license certificate

Software License Certificate
Page 1 of 1
Notice: Your right to copy, install or user the software program(s) as set forth on this Software License Certificate is expressly conditioned upon your acceptance of the VERITAS VIP Open License Program
Agreement. Please refer to the VERITAS VIP Open License Program Agreement delivered with your order for important licensing information.
TO TRACK THESE LICENSE KEYS IN VLICENSE, PLEASE LOG ON TO https://my.veritas.com/vlicense/VLicenseLogin.jsp TO REGISTER THE LICENSES.
***ATTENTION: YOUR BACKUP EXEC CONTINUOUS PROTECTION LICENSE KEY IS NZZ9-IJPY-PRW6-FVZP-PPRP-PNP
Customer Name ROBERT MOCHIZUKI
Customer Number 645542
Purchase Order Number 5042254D/20060324
Sales Order Number 100271065
Order Date 24-MAR-06
RTSM ID 9000-9003-0335-2380
Product Number A180508-0LBU42
VERITAS License SKU A180508-0LBU42
Backup Exec 10d,Windows,for Small Business Servers with Continuous Protection Server
(CPS),v10.1,License
Product Description
Product Type LICENSE
VERITAS Delivery ID 416902
Delivery Detail ID 1468864
License Key 05-8382-9713-xxxxx
Quantity of Licenses 1
Agreement Number 468266
Reseller Name FEDERICO CONSULTING INC
Reseller Purchase Order Number 1171
End User Purchase Order Number NA

Please advise what I need to do to install my license key, it appears to not be valid.Message was edited by:
Alex Dictos
4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
May be a silly question, but you are installing this on a SBS server, right?

and I'd also edit your post and replace the serial with xxx or 999 , 'cause anyone reading your post now has you serial

Alex_Dictos
Level 3
The server version is Windows 2000, it is not SBS. I suspect this license key will not work unless it is SBS, is that true?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Correct.

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

The following document may be helpful:

What are the differences between various editions of Backup Exec 9.x and 10.0 for Windows Servers?

http://support.veritas.com/docs/253755

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.