cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

login to media server

Shane_Balk
Level 2
i can perform a backup for 24 hours but after that it tries to say i am disconnected from the media server and have me login to do the backup. i know the password is right but it wont log me in. i have to restart the service to let me log into the media server. Backup exec server. this is the error "the connection to the backup exec database has been lost. make sure that the network cables are properly attached and plugged in and that services are running for the sql server instance on which the backup exec database is installed.

an unexpected database exception occurred."
i have updated to sp1backup exec ver 4367 and the security rollup. thanks for the help.

shane
3 REPLIES 3

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Is the SQl database installed elsewhere on the network?Is the server in a SAN by any chance?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Shane_Balk
Level 2
no it is not in a san and no sql is not anywhere else.

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please upgrade to Backup Exec 9.1. This is a free upgrade.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/264342.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.