cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

move backup exec 10d to backup exec 11 on a different server

David_Bohets
Not applicable

Hi,

We have backup exec running on a MS Windows 2003 enterprise edition cluster (32bit) and we want to move this to another (stand alone) server (running MS Windows 2003 enterprise edition 32-bit) where I would like to run backup exec version 11d on.

I already uninstalled backup exec from one cluster node/server and removed this node from the backup exec configuration. The other node is running the media server and backup exec. This node is still used for backing up data with backup exec.

Now my question: How do I move this configuration to the new server including all the tapes and inventory of the backups on tape?

My idea was to do the following:

Install backup exec 10d on the new machine – move everything – upgrade the new machine from 10d to 11d, should this work? Do you have some manuals or how-to’s on this matter?

Kind regards,

David Bohets

1 REPLY 1

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
See http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/280710.htm to migrate your existing install to the new machine, then upgrade to v11 on that server ( or v12 if you want to be on the newest version)

Be sure to read the "Do Not Use If" near the top   Since you have removed the second node from your install, I'd say that you can ignore the first one - but keep the old server around til you can test, just in case)