cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new backup selection amend existing server port and name

tombola123
Level 2

I have symantec backup exec currently setup and i am in the process of creating a new backup selection list.

Currently one of my servers is named incorrectly and i am unable to backup the c:/d: and system state. How do i amend the name and port as i can not see an option when i right click on it

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tombola123
Level 2

many thanks cheers, worked perfect

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Add the IP address of the server in the User defined selection

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

What do you mean, when you create a new selection list and when you expand the windows system or network you don't see the correct server name. It picks that list from AD and you can't change it by right clicking. Please check the server name and also check if it is getting published properly

tombola123
Level 2

Yes when you expand the windows. For example below the server selected is incorrectly named, how do i change this?

Colin_Weaver

If you mean you have an existing job with an entry that keeps failing then you have to open the selection list and then click on the "View Selection Details" tab to view a text list of all the selections then click on the line that is wrong and either delete it or edit it.

tombola123
Level 2

many thanks cheers, worked perfect

Colin_Weaver

If one of our answers fixed your issue then please click the Mark As Solution entry at the bottom of the post that provided the answer.

Thanks